Sunday, December 30, 2007

the start of a new age

my birthday celebration began last night with dinner, some live jazz and "national treasure: book of secrets". it continued this morning with a divine cup of my favorite starbuck's coffee and breakfast at my favorite diner. i got to go shopping--every girly girls favorite pastime, and have lunch at a cosy eatery. i had my make-up done at M.A.C. and then it was off to dinner with friends at a neighborhood restaurant. all in all it was an amazing weekend. i couldn't have asked for more. my husband then surprised me when we got home with a cute white cake with chocolate frosting and pink flowers. i was thrilled! our kids' faces beamed at the sight of me blowing out the candle. yes just one. that's all i ask: just one candle to blow out.

so, as my 28th year begins, i can only anticipate what is in store for me. the future is wide open and anything is possible. what will happen? only time will tell. i can only hope that each day i will take a leap into the unknown, trying new things, going to new places. i intend to be more creative, spend more time with those that mean the most to me, truly nurturing those relationships, and not let the fear of failure get in the way of my personal goals. i want to look back on my 28th year as one that was the true year that i discovered myself--my authentic self. not that i am unaware of who i am, but i really want to be secure in who i am, what my intentions are for my life and make this the turning point for the rest of my life to come.

No comments: