Saturday, May 10, 2008

saturday musings...

tomorrow is mother's day...i can't believe it.

for me it will be my 8th mother's day as a mom. i don't remember too much about my first one except that i was ecstatic to have my girl. she was exactly 7 days old, and a beauty. about two years and ten months later, i was blessed with a son. he's five now and such a gorgeous kid.

i don't know what it is about being a mom that makes me the happiest- or the most frustrated. everyday is a routine when possible (because kids thrive on set schedules). and in the time we spend together, there is always a lesson or question to be answered.

i could begin to get very sappy right now, but i won't go there. i just want to celebrate the fact that i am a mom and i have great kids!

and to my own mother: thank you for all you have done in my life and for me-- being an example of strength and love, compassion and dedication. my brothers and i are "big kids" now, but we know that we'll always be your babies...i love you!

xo

No comments: