Friday, August 15, 2008

Beauty Girl TV: how to curl your hair with a flat iron

i have always been asked from friends, family and even perfect strangers, "what do you do to get your hair like that?" or "what curling iron do you use?"...

my answer always stuns them: i use my flat iron.

whaaa...? "your flat iron? how?"

so, for you my dear readers, and all of my family and friends who have asked me show them how i do this, i have created a short video (well, it's 7 minutes, 40 seconds).

before you watch it, i want to point out that i didn't include how to do the back, but it's quite simple: just part your hair and pull whatever section you want to curl to the side it's nearest to, and follow the same technique seen in the vid...

ok, now...enjoy!






also, please add a heat protecting product to your hair before you style. i usually do it before i blow out the moisture in my hair.

xo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Monique!

I recently had my hair cut into a bob so I just practiced on my human hair wig. It is so much fun practicing and creating curls and waves with my flat iron (which is also ceramic, btw!!) I can't wait to grow my hair back out so that I can have luscious curls like yours!! :)

monique said...

very cool angela! so glad you are able to get the technique down! :) i'm sure if you did it on your hair you would get a great style!

Daneen :) said...

What a great video, Monique!

monique said...

thank you so much Daneen! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for a great tutorial, Monique! I have watched a number of tutorials on how to create curls with a flat iron, but found yours particularly informative - with comments about how the heat molds the hair, how to flip the iron on your non-dominant side, etc. And thanks for the comment about it not working the first time - my first try was not successful, but now I know to keep on trying.

monique said...

hanneri- you are very welcome! i am happy to know that my tutorial was most helpful for you. i'm very flattered. :) and i'm most excited to hear that you are going to keep trying! you'll get it! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video. I've been doing this wrong. No wonder it would not work for me!

monique said...

hailey-- you're welcome! glad that it helped! :)

sabsabsab said...

I am growing out my hair from a very short style... It's a little above shoulder length now. I tried this technique and I am in LOVE! It works great. I have a high-quality flat iron, and this couldn't work better. I am so excited to have a great looking style option while I am growing my hair out. THANKS!!