Monday, April 5, 2010

Rainy, Book-Reading Kind of Day



happy monday beauties! in my neck of the country, the day began very rainy and gloomy (as you can see from the picture above, taken from my patio).

i stayed home from the gym due to the fact that my back was bothering me (a little nuisance that, like my sometimes achy knees, has been passed down by my mother), so it worked out to be a good thing. i spent my morning hanging out with my kids, then browsing the web.



in my perusing, i came across a fab website called goodreads.com, a social-networking site for people who love to read. users can rate and keep track of books read, write and read reviews, join book clubs, and even create a list of want-to-read books-- it's so fun! i think i was on there for over an hour.



i love reading. it's such an escape for me. i'm currently reading two books, My Sister's Keeper and Shopaholic Ties the Knot. i'll be keeping track of my progress and will hopefully adding them to my "read shelf" soon so i can reading books on my "to-read shelf". on the list? The Lovely Bones, Twenties Girl and Something Borrowed, just to name a few.

rainy days aren't so bad, especially when the sun comes out later. :)



how was your monday?

xo

No comments: