Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tangerine Tango: Pantone 2012 color of the year

"sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it," said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.

did you hear? tangerine is the it color of 2012. a fabulous hue that marries the radiant and vivacious heat of red, but with a warm, friendly-vibe, thanks to a touch of yellow.

orange shades have always been colors i like to look at, but honestly rarely wore. as 2011 progressed, though, i began to take more risks, like wearing red nail polish and ballet flats, as well as purchased my need-a-new-color-bag-i-don't-own-for-fall handbag...

clearly i made a fabulous choice. this deep-hued orange tote not only is one of my faves {i love this bag}, but the pop of color it adds to every ensemble is perfect!

some may see orange or tangerine as a risky color, but more than that, it's a cheerful one without going into kiddie territory. and yes, much to my pink-is-and-will-always-be-my-favorite-color self, i enjoy how looking at it lifts my mood. take, for example, Butter London's fab Jaffa, on my nails {above} ~ love it! ~ it looks good on both hands and feet and is the perfect way to introduce this "it" shade into your lifestyle.

tell me, what do you think of tangerine tango as the color for 2012??


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooo the perfect color for my skintone!!! can't wait to rock this