Friday, October 18, 2013

my beauty faves...


i share many products that i enjoy and grow to love with you here in BGM. and while i have nothing against this {that's the point of keeping this blog after all}, i've realized that the majority of the recent product reviews have been that of products sent to me by the brands.

one thing i don't want is for you to think is that i never buy anything {so not the case}! i buy many products. in fact, now that my daughter is 13 {and quite the budding makeup and hair aficionado if i do say so myself}, i've discovered and purchased items i wouldn't normally consider {so fun!}. i've also enjoyed introducing her to my classic must-haves.

unfortunately, when it comes to reviews, it's those products that always seem to get put on the back burner! so, i'm making it my goal to share my thoughts about those goodies more often...

:)

all of this is to say, i'm here today to share my love for the products i use every day.

my must-haves.

my i'd-be-devastated-if-they-stopped-making-this items...
you have those, right? of course you do! well...these are mine.

take a look...

St Ives Naturally Indulgent Lotion ~ Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract
a simply splendid lotion; from the smell to the fact that it leaves my skin moisturized beautifully without feeling heavy or sticky, i used this beauty year round.


Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil ~ Soft Brown
i visited the brow salon years ago and was introduced to the range of fabulous products. from tweezers to an amazing brow gel, i love this line. the pencil, however is one i grab most often since it's so easy and the color is perfect. for a natural everyday look it's a great shade for everyone, regardless of hair color.

MAC lip pencil ~ Spice
a makeup bag must-have for many beauty girls, i'm sure. this neutral lip liner is fabulous because it works with any shade of lipstick you want to wear, and is even fine to wear on its own.

MAC Pressed Blot Powder ~ Dark
love, love, love this powder! it's great as a foundation setter, but is at its best when it does its main job ~ combating shine without adding additional color.


Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup ~ 5W1 Bronze
i don't know how to describe my absolute love for this foundation. it will always be the one i go back to. it covers every imperfection, flaw and discoloration with ease, leaving my skin with an amazing finish and it feels like i'm wearing nothing at all.


L'Oreal True Match BlushApricot Kiss
i've been using this amazing peachy-pink shade for years and i haven't grown tired of it it the least. it has just the right amount of shimmer to always gives me a fresh glow and makes me feel so pretty.


Neutrogena Gentle One Step Makeup Cleanser
sensational for removing makeup {even long-wearing products} and is so gentle. no stinging to my eyes and a little goes a long way.

Neutrogena Gentle Makeup Remover Towelettes
i love how effective these towelettes are at taking off my makeup. like the cleanser i've never experienced irritation or eye sting from these.


tell me: what are your go-to, must-haves-no-matter-what-new-product-comes-along products? 


pics taken by me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the neutrogena towelette as del. Great product indeed!