Thursday, December 29, 2011

5 fabulous winter skin soothers...

this time of year is my favorite when it comes to weather. in my neck of the southern california woods, the days are sunny, mild {low to mid 60s}, and sometimes warm {low 80s}, but complimented with a cool breeze {or high winds}. nights and early mornings are chilly {20s-30s} and i love it. it makes me so happy to layer up with scarves; i relish the opportunity to wear my coats and gloves, and i never complain over having a numb face after being out for an interval run or brisk walk with my dog in the early morning hours.

unfortunately, my favorite season of year is responsible for my dry skin, something i could complain about. thankfully, this beauty girl keeps an arsenal for parched skin, so i don't have to!

i love and often use olive and coconut oils , two of the best natural ways to bring soft, suppleness to any dry area of the body, but also turn to these fabulous goodies for dry skin relief...


for hands:

Atopalm Moisturizing Hand Treatment ~ suitable for sensitive skin, i was introduced to this product a couple of months ago; it's a fragrance-free formula and not only makes my rough hands feel instantly hydrated, but contains antioxidants to help keep hands looking young.

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy ~ shea butter and restorative sea salts are key ingredients in this lovely gem of a moisturizer. i love the light fragrance, inspired by the sea air.

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream ~ this silky, lightweight skin savior gives my hands the moisture they need thanks to its richly soothing dead sea minerals.


for body:

Julep Body Creme ~ i've become quite smitten with this brand's line of nail polish and was thrilled when i discovered how fabulous their body cream is. scented in pomegranate, this formula {rich with shea butter, avocado and jojoba oils} is decadent and highly moisturizing, but not greasy in the slightest.


Upper Canada Soap Sweet Vanilla Fig Body Butter ~ talk about fabulous, this rich, hydrating blend of shea butter, cocoa, fig and vanilla fruit extracts leaves my skin feeling amazing and really locks in moisture. the natural ingredients make my eco/green girl side quite happy as well. :)


tell me: what products do you use to soothe your winter skin dryness??

No comments: