Friday, March 14, 2008

beautiful nutrition







battered and deep fried foods, sugary sodas, processed lunch meats, greasy snack chips, white bread and refined pasta. most canned spaghetti and ravioli, sugary breakfast cereals, frozen fried chicken, fish sticks and corn dogs.

do these foods sound good? to most people they do. but to me, it's just a waste of time, and eventually my energy, to eat. so, instead, i choose to eat more whole foods. foods that will help me, not bring me down.

what we eat is a huge contributor to how we feel. remember the saying you are what you eat? well, in some cases it can be true. who wants to be greasy or unhealthy? not me. and, hopefully, neither do you! we want to be fresh and glowing, full of energy and vibrancy. i know that when i don't eat properly, my body lets me know. i'm tired, my skin looks dull, i'm moody, i crave more junk, and i feel "off". when i eat good foods, like whole grains, green veggies, berries and fruit, i feel the difference.

eating healthy doesn't come easy for all, but it can be something we do. mindfully, take the time to add a salad to a meal or have fruit for dessert. choose a sweet potato over french fries, and reap the benefits of vitamins and nutrients over grease and fat. over time, this will dramatically change your perspective of the benefits of healthy eating. choose your food wisely. ask yourself, "is there a better choice?". and don't think you have to deprive yourself. just remember that moderation is the key. your body will thank you for it!



xo

No comments: