Tuesday, August 26, 2008

review: NARS Beautiful Liar

Beautiful Liar, one of the newest lipcolors from the Nars Fall 2008 collection, is at first glance, a dusty orange with a hint of gold shimmer (although the company describes it as a sheer spiced coral).

i was hesitant to put this on, but as most of us should know, you will never know what what anything looks like until you try it on.

boy was i surprised! on me it was a beautiful coral with the right amount of shimmer. i'm not really into too much sparkle and usually give those types of products to my daughter to wear for makeup playtime. being that i am more used to wearing tones in the pink or berry families, i am happy that this brings a little more warmth to my face. i need it these days!

by the way, on my daughter-- who actually has a more olive complexion-- it looks amazing. but she won't be getting this from me anytime soon (wink).

find the entire Nars Fall Collection at a Nars counter near you and online at narscosmetics.com

xo

2 comments:

Andreea said...

Hi Monique,

I have been wondering if BL lipstisck would be the one to pair with Guele de Nuit creamblush, which is also a coral-pink hue (they describe it like that, I think it is rather brownish?!) Would you say it is warm or rather neutral? I have also a rather olive complexion but I am very pale (wallpaint-colour;-)...
Have to order online, this stuff is not avialable throughout Europe yet.
Thanks and hugs!
Andreea

monique said...

hi Andreea!

BL is more neutral and would compliment the Guele de Nuit cream blush very well! i think you would end up with a glowy/bronzy look-- very natural and suitable for day, and perfect with a smoky eye for night. :)