Friday, March 20, 2009

My Favorite Drugstore Beauty Buys 3.20.09

it's the first day of spring! the weather here in socal is warming up, and while some of my friends are ecstatic, i can't help but wish the cool weather would stick around forever-- ha! you could say me and extreme heat are not friends. my kids love it of course, because that means we can go swimming-- always a good thing. :)

this week's beauty buys are fun little goodies that i sometimes use to create a pampering mini spa day at home. take a look...



Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is a mask with kaolin and zinc oxide to absorb oil and impurities, and the sulfur is great for clearing up and keeping breakouts under control. i like to use this about once a week in the winter because it can be a little too drying, but when the weather begins to warm up and my skin starts to freak out because of the weather change, i use it twice a week.


de-luxe BAIN Instant Manicure & Body Polish works fabulously as a shower scrub, leaving skin feeling amazingly soft and moisturized, and is great as a quick manicure treatment. there are more expensive products like this, but this one works just as good, and the price actually makes it better!



Olay Body Thermal Pedicure Foot Treatment gives my little tootsies a warm treat and helps extend the time between my pedicures (love that!). white sand, pumice, and micro-crystals smooth away dead skin, and moisturizers like shea butter leave them soft and looking great.


have a great weeekend!

xo

1 comment:

mbeek said...

Just had to say I enjoy your blog. And I also feel the same way you do about warmer weather. I hate and despise anything but winter. (I live in the SF Bay Area, and fall is the hottest season.)

Please know you aren't alone in your extreme heat dislike.