Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beauty on a Budget: L'Oreal True Match Roller Foundation



drugstore brand foundations have come a long way in terms of formulations and color range. so when they want to make a "better" foundation, i suppose it's in their thinking to come up with a new way of applying it. case in point, the L'Oreal True Match Roller Foundation. this cream foundation was released months ago, and when it it was, i was naturally intrigued to try it for myself. i used a few times before coming to my final thoughts about it...

pros of this foundation:

*the roller applicator feels like a nice massage on the face when applying the foundation.

*the formula is lightweight but offers buildable coverage.

*spf 25

*the shade i bought matched my skin perfectly.



cons of this foundation:

*the roller can be a bit tricky to maneuver around areas around the nose and eyes but is manageable.

*the foundation doesn't last more than a few hours before it starts to look unflattering and needs to be touched up.

*if not careful, you can apply too much product, leaving a cakey look.

*blending is still necessary after application.

*only 12 shades are offered-- this was disappointing since the True Match range of liquid foundations offers twice as many.



while i found the coverage and color match to be good, the fact that this foundation doesn't wear all day makes it a fail for me. sorry L'Oreal, but i need my foundation to last. i love many of your products, just not this particular foundation.

find L'Oreal True Match Roller Foundation at a drugstore near you. visit lorealparis.com for more info.

tell me: have you tried L'Oreal True Match Roller Foundation? did you love it or leave it?

xo
pic taken by me :)

1 comment:

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Thanks for the review.

I don't use liquid foundations but very, very rarely. And I found this one to be too gimmicky to spend any money or interest in. I don't think it seems convenient to roll your foundation on. ;)