Tuesday, January 22, 2013

beauty girl at home: glam touches

 
home is where your heart is, as they say, but shouldn't it also reflect your personal style?

for me, i love adding bit of glamour to my day. it can range from simply wearing oversized, sparkly earrings with a basic denim and sweater ensemble to going full glam from head to toe. it's fun to experiment, even if i'm only going to the grocery store, because it's not only a fab way to put my best self out into the world, but it makes running errands so much more enjoyable!


when it comes to my home, i choose to do the same, but within reason. while my wonderful husband does love my girly girl-ness, it's his space, too, so i try keep him in mind when it comes to decorating.


to do this, i've accessorize with books, pretty touches of metal {lamps, candle sticks, picture frames}, pretty pillows {my fave is a gold sequined one i found at TJ Maxx that sits on our bed}, flowers and candles. i also make sure to use lighter textures and silhouettes to balance out heavy furniture and dark wood pieces.



many sites around the web offer inspiration, and it's fun to periodically gather inspiration...







how do you add glam to your home?




top 3 images my own; other images: elledecor.comdesignsponge.com, dwellingsbydevore.compinterest.com, luellajune.comtheglitterguide.com

No comments: