Thursday, September 9, 2010
NY Fashion Week Spring 2011: Aveda Backstage at Christian Siriano
let the beautiful madness begin-- fashion week for the spring/summer season is underway, beauties! so much is going on, but i will do my best to bring you the best hair and beauty as the week progresses. so, here we go...
Aveda lead stylist Antoinette Beenders (pictured above with Christian Siriano) created an amazing, textured bun at the Christian Siriano spring/summer 2011 show. using a lot of Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray, Antoinette explains, "the Christian Siriano hair look for this season is all about different cultures mixing and blending together. the style is a modern bun—full of attitude—with sections of crimped hair cascading over it for texture. it's a strong, contemporary twist on the classic bun."
here's how she created the look:
1. brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. pull the top section of hair — from the hairline to the crown — and clip it out of the way.
2. comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
3. spray Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. "paint" the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
4. take the ponytail and braid it. then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
6. brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
visit aveda.com for more info about the styling products used.
all images courtesy of Aveda