Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Musings



this time last year, i was in a rut of sorts. nothing too heavy, but i wasn't feeling like i wasn't able to express any of my talents the way i had wanted to when i was younger. certain choices i had made led me to the place i was, and i was beyond happy with those things, but still felt i was slowly losing touch with certain aspects of my personality.

i had the idea to start a blog, but didn't really even know what i was going to write about, not to mention the thought of having others actually see and read my thoughts was scary to me. it was a week from now, last year, that i decided to say hello to the world.

little did i know what it would turn into! i never thought it would allow me to have opportunities to work with beauty brands or go to fashion week, meet other amazing beauty bloggers, nor did i think i would ever be calling myself a beauty editor.

it has been such a ride, and i am looking forward to the year ahead, but i really just want to say thank you for taking the time to read BGM. so whether you subscribe and read it everyday, or if you only stop by once a week, thank you! it means so much to me.

2009 will be the start of a new year, and i am so excited to see what it will bring!

i do know you can expect more posts like this, this length or shorter, depending on what i'm sharing that day, and of course, the usual product reviews and beauty advice.

you'll also be reading healthy info to keep you inspired to keep any goals you may have set for yourself in the new year, more interviews, hair tips, and i plan to incorporate more fashion news and stories. i have all of your suggestions and feedback all written down as well, so i plan to get all of those topics covered!

in this coming week, i will be announcing a giveaway, and each day will feature a post from my very early postings (back when i was surprised that even five people stopped by to take a read!). it should be interesting...

xo

2 comments:

Budget Beauty Mommy said...

Hey Monique,

It's nice to read your trials and tribulations on your journey to be the beauty editor that you are now. I'm glad you've started the blog and look at your achievements now!

I too had my fair share of difficulties and I'm glad I took the plunge too and started my blog. Still learning along the way.

I wish you all the success that you can have in 2009. Keep in touch, dear!

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

Oh goodie - I get to be the first to say happy anniversary!